ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (including, but not limited to):
- Oversee events.
- Set-up and breakdown all function rooms.
- Acts as the contact person for the customer.
- Holds pre-shift meeting with service staff reviewing Banquet Event Resume
- Coordinates timing of service experience with the kitchen (Chef and Sous Chef).
- Wine service for guests.
- Bus and set tables, as needed.
- Perform buffet set up (if necessary) and breakdown.
- Setup and service break stations (if necessary).
- Resolve customer complaints about food quality or service.
- Monitor actions of staff and customers to ensure that health and safety standards and liquor laws are obeyed.
- Communicate with supervisors, peers, or subordinates.
- Report to supervisors any defective equipment, facility damage, incorrect/improper set-up and areas of the facility requiring cleaning, in a timely manner.
- Provide excellent customer service assistance to internal and external clients.
NON ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of food and wine.
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of team.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- General knowledge for the health and safety of customers and staff.
- Must have the ability to work flexible schedule including long hours, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Certified in state recognized responsible alcoholic beverage service.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent preferred.
- Experience in public facility highly preferred.
INTELLECTUAL/SOCIAL, PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The intellectual/social, physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to multi-task under time limits and with moderate to high pressure situations. Position requires constant attention to details and accuracy of specified standards including: following simple to complex (more than 3 steps) instructions, and concentration which frequently extends beyond 30 minutes at a time; Position also requires frequent use of interpersonal skills with staff including following verbal, written or a diagram of instructions. Employee must be able to recognize and resolve conflicts in being able to openly communicate with all staff. This position requires employee to frequently work both independently and as part of a team for variety of tasks.
- Physical demands:
- While performing duties of this job, the employee frequently lifts and moves facility equipment, supplies and/or tools. Employee will constantly move about inside and outside various areas of the facility before/during/after events; position will require employee to frequently bend, stoop, or crouch in order to set-up, tear down or clean in various areas of the building and grounds. Employee will occasionally be required to identify or match colors/tones of furniture, dance floor, carpet or other items as necessary. Employee will as needed operate various machines in cleaning and maintenance of building; employee will constantly communicate via radio and in-person with staff to exchange accurate information. Employee may frequently be required due to business demands and event operations to lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
- Work environment:
- The duties of this position are performed primarily indoors and occasionally outdoors in the weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal to moderate during non-event days and when not operating equipment and moderate to loud during event days when equipment is in operation.This job description is subject to change.