(St. Charles, MO) – The St. Charles Convention Center and We Love St. Charles partnered up to host the 12th annual Helping Hands for the Holidays charitable event on December 12, 2019. Nearly 900, women and children in need gathered at the St. Charles Convention Center for this free event to celebrate the holidays. Hundreds of volunteers, community partners and donors took time out of busy schedules to give back to the community at this event. Because of their generosity, we were able to offer an extraordinary celebration that achieved the following:
- Welcomed nearly 900 attendees
- 1,220 hot holiday meals served
- New this year! Tim Ezell with Fox 2 and The Thread, shared his talents as the Event Emcee. Check out the video and article produced by The Thread!
- Administered roughly 60 flu shots
- Distributed 450+ winter coats and accessories
- Provided 3,200+ personal care items
- Administered vital healthcare screenings like lead level and spirometry testing
- Nearly 30 local organizations provided guidance and program support services
- Distributed 1,200+ books
- Nearly 15 companies took part in the event's job fair
Over the past twelve years, Helping Hands for the Holidays has hosted more than 14,175 individuals in need. In joining forces with We Love St. Charles, the St. Charles Convention Center was able to help brighten the holidays for those who need our support most. Together, we can do more than we can do alone. Thank you to all who shared their abilities and passions to affect real change in our community.