Part Time | Includes weekends -
Under general supervision from the Technical Services Manager, the Technical Services Technician is responsible for all telephone/data services for the business office and events scheduled at the facility.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (including, but not limited to):
- Maintain event and business office telephone/data equipment; install, modify, and remove equipment as directed/necessary.
- Support the operations department in technical needs during set up and running of events.
- Maintain all security standards at all times.
- Support personnel and clients with technology matters.
- Maintain equipment storage; ensure orderly and clean storage area.
- Report any system failures to Technical Services Manager promptly.
- Update and inventory workstation hardware and software.
- Troubleshoot printers and copier printers.
- Assist in installation of new technology.
- Extensive labeling and documentation of procedures.
- Maintain, repair and operate telephone/data equipment including switch room and convention center cabling systems as directed.
- Provide excellent customer service assistance to internal and external clients with technology needs.
- SPECIAL CHARACTERISTICS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Methods and materials of telephone/data/data systems equipment and operations.
- A basic understanding of how PCs function in a networking environment.
- Principles and techniques of maintenance and repair for telephone systems and related equipment.
- Advanced computer proficiency and Microsoft Office products knowledge to include: Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Safe work practices.
- Two years of increasingly responsible experience in the installation and removal of telephone/data/data systems.
- A combination of specialized technical training in the installation of telephone/data systems and technical education desired.
- Ability to work a variable work schedule (including evenings and weekends, as required), depending on event and business requirements.
- Experience in public facility highly preferred.