ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (including, but not limited to):
- Ensure budgeted food percentages are achieved through effective control measures including portion controls, kitchen timing, food inventory rotation measures, receiving and food storage procedures, inventory controls, effective purchasing procedures, kitchen security procedures and waste control.
- Maintain Labor Cost Percentages at budgeted levels.
- Ensure purchasing and preparation meet standards.
- Supervise all set up, preparation and breakdown activities.
- Coordinate equipment storage.
- Assist Executive Chef in training and development of kitchen staff skills and ongoing training of current and new staff.
- Maintain a positive and compliant employee relations climate.
- Ensure compliance to health and sanitation and safety regulations.
- Assist Chef in recordkeeping and administration requirements to include work schedules and production lists.
- Promote teamwork among staff through effective communication, follow through and goal setting.
- Provide excellent customer service assistance to internal and external clients.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Basic computer proficiency and Microsoft products knowledge, to include: Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Technical proficiency and experience demonstrating verifiable knowledge of food preparation methods.
- Ability to develop results oriented staff through effective training, evaluation, motivation, coaching and counseling.
- Ability to positively distribute responsibility to others to meet objectives and achieve desired results.
- Ability to recognize problems and to creatively and expeditiously find solutions.
- Must be self- directed.
- Must be able to supervise, coach, schedule and train employees.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Must be sure that all details of the job are performed and their work is accurate.
- Must be constantly aware of changing events, such as staff or supply shortages.
- Must be exact in their work. Errors could cause safety hazards for themselves and other workers.
- Identify problems and review information.
- Must be constantly aware of frequently changing events in cooking processes.
- Knowledge of the rules and uses of numbers in mathematics. Areas of knowledge include arithmetic and algebra.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including days, nights weekends, extended (long) work days and extended number of days.
- Minimum of 3 years kitchen management experience in high-volume operation.
- High school diploma or equivalent GED.
- Training from a professional technical school, two or four year college, or special culinary school is preferred.
- Maintain certification in a state recognized food handlers and sanitation program.
- Experience in culinary training-including menu planning, food preparation, and selection and storage of food.
This job description is subject to change.