ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (including, but not limited to):
- Patrol assigned facility locations; lock and unlock doors as required.
- Monitor event activity areas as well as entrances and exits.
- Observe facilities and equipment for needed maintenance and repairs; recognize and report damage and safety hazards.
- Be aware of the location and use of emergency alarms and equipment; follow established procedures in case of fire, disorder or other emergency situation.
- Observe general public; provide general information, directions and assistance to facility guests; report suspicious behavior to Security Base.
- Maintain a high degree of visibility and professionalism; respond to various situations, issues and requests for assistance; prepare incident reports in accordance with departmental standards.
- Assist emergency medical personnel by directing traffic, crowd control and securing needed equipment.
- Log incoming deliveries and route to recipients
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contracted in the course of work.
- Provide excellent customer service assistance to internal and external clients.
NON ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Perform other duties and responsibilities as required/assigned.
SPECIAL CHARACTERISTICS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Ability to work effectively in a service oriented environment subject to frequently changing priorities.
- Knowledge of safe work practices.
- Requires the ability to gather & interpret information and accurately complete required reporting procedures in a timely manner, using a computer
- Requires good judgment and the ability to maintain confidentiality as required.
- Position is an on call position with no minimum number of hours guaranteed. Can be up to 25 hours a week dependent on events and employee availability.
- Must be able to work weekend/holiday hours
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must have at least two years of Security, Law Enforcement or Military experience.
- St. Charles Security License is required or must be obtained upon hire.
- Possession of or ability to obtain a current driver's license.
- Computer literacy
- Must be able to stand/walk for long periods of time and lift objects in excess of 50 lbs.
This job description is subject to change. EOE.DFWP