ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (including, but not limited to):
- Respond to all emergency situations.
- Conduct investigations of all alleged violations of criminal law and company policy.
- Inspect packages, locker rooms, etc. (for detection of and or prevention of violations of criminal law and company policy).
- Prepare reports as directed by Security Manager or Director of Operations.
- Patrol assigned facility locations; lock and unlock doors as required.
- Monitor event activity areas as well as entrances and exits.
- Observe facilities and equipment for needed maintenance and repairs; recognize and report damage and safety hazards.
- Be aware of the location and use of emergency alarms and equipment; follow established procedures in case of fire, disorder or other emergency situation.
- Control parking, pedestrian and vehicular traffic.
- Observe general public; provide general information, directions and assistance to facility guests; report suspicious behavior to Security Base.
- Maintain a high degree of visibility and professionalism; respond to various situations, issues and requests for assistance; prepare incident reports in accordance with departmental standards.
- Assist emergency medical personnel by directing traffic, crowd control and securing needed equipment.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contracted in the course of work.
- Provide excellent customer service assistance to internal and external clients.
SPECIAL CHARACTERISTICS AND KNOWLEDGE:
Ability to work effectively in a service oriented environment subject to frequently changing priorities.
- Knowledge of safe work practices.
- Computer literacy
- Requires the ability to gather & interpret information and accurately complete required reporting procedures in a timely manner.
- Requires good judgment and the ability to maintain confidentiality as required.
Position is an on call position with no minimum number of hours guaranteed. Work schedules are determined by event activity.
- Must be able to work weekend/holiday hours
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must have two years of Security, Law Enforcement, Firefighter, EMS or Military experience.
- St. Charles Security License is required or must be obtained upon hire.
- Possession of or ability to obtain a valid driver's license.
- Must be able to stand/walk for long periods of time and lift objects in excess of 50 lbs.