ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (including, but not limited to):
- Clean, cut or peel various foods to prepare for cooking or serving.
- Prepare foods according to banquet orders.
- Preparation and set up of hot and cold plates as directed.
- Arrange food on serving dishes.
- Maintain and clean all equipment used in food preparation, serving and storing.
- Provide excellent customer service assistance to internal and external clients.
NON ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work closely with staff and deal occasionally with customers.
- Must be sure that all details of the job are performed and their work is accurate.
- Must have the ability to work a flexible schedule including days, nights, weekends, extended (long) work days and extended number of days.
- High school diploma or equivalent GED.
- Maintain certification in a state recognized food handler’s program.
INTELLECTUAL/SOCIAL, PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The intellectual/social, physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to multi-task under time limits and with moderate to high pressure situations. Position requires constant attention to details and accuracy of specified standards including: following simple to complex (more than 3 steps) instructions, and concentration which frequently extends beyond 30 minutes at a time; Position also requires frequent use of interpersonal skills with staff including following verbal, written or a diagram of instructions. Employee must be able to recognize and resolve conflicts in being able to openly communicate with all staff. This position requires employee to frequently work both independently and as part of a team for variety of tasks.
- Physical demands:
- While performing duties of this job, the employee frequently lifts and moves facility equipment, supplies and/or tools. Employee must be able to stand or walk for extended periods of time; must be able to make fast, simple, repeated movements of hands, fingers and wrists. Employee will constantly move about inside various areas of the facility before/during/after events; position will require employee to sometimes bend, stoop, or crouch in order to perform this job; Employee must have the ability to bend, stretch, twist or reach out with the body, arms or legs. Employee will constantly communicate via radio and in-person with staff to exchange accurate information. Employee may frequently be required, due to business demands and event operations, to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.Work environment:
- The duties of this position are performed primarily indoors. The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal to moderate during non-event days and moderate to loud during event days when equipment is in operation.
- This job description is subject to change.