ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (including, but not limited to):
- Assist in developing and implementing annual marketing plan. Responsible for the development and maintenance of all convention center facility advertising and marketing materials including that of the website and social media.
- Design/layout of sales materials and print and digital ads for national and local publications, publicizing the facility and/or special events.
- Develop marketing plans and sell media buys for public events in the convention center to generate additional revenue streams
- Acts as point of contact for media relations. Create media awareness and exposure of the convention center and its events through the distribution of press releases, publicizing of photo opportunities, guided building tours, and organization of press conferences.
- Implement and administer Spectra corporate model of communications by working with Director of Communications
- Generate new and creative ideas to attract new events and to promote events when booked.
- Prepare various reports on public relations progress, marketing efforts/results, demographics and economic trends. Provide assistance and staff support to Director of Sales and the General Manager.
- Serve as a liaison with industry representatives, the general public and other convention center departments and divisions.
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as required.
- Attend industry events.
- Plan, develop and maintain a program of regular communication with news media; prepare news releases; event calendars, public services announcements and other materials related to the convention center programs, events and facilities.
- Respond to request for information from the general public, media, organization and clients.
- Plan and organize facility events efficiently.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Develop, maintain and coordinate the signage/sponsorship opportunities with the convention center including vendor packages, sales materials, proposals, sales calls and contracts.
- Provide excellent customer service assistance to internal and external clients.
NON ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Perform other duties as assigned.
SPECIAL CHARACTERISTICS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Procedures, methods, and techniques of marketing, public relations, event promotions, advertising and sales.
- Multitask oriented, organized and focused on customer service.
- Proficient in Social Media including Facebook, Instagram and Twitter and knowledgeable in Google Analytics.
- Accurate financial reporting.
- Current office methods, procedures, and equipment.
- Proficient knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint; Proficient in Adobe Photoshop and Adobe InDesign and comfortable in Adobe Illustrator; training on industry specific software will be provided.
- Methods of demographic research.
- Four years of increasingly responsible and marketing experience preferably in a convention center or a major hotel.
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course works in marketing, public relations, mass communications, journalism, business administration or a related field.