ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (including, but not limited to):
- Prepare and deliver food products according to set standards and recipes.
- Assist in set up, preparation and breakdown activities.
- Ensure proper handling of food service equipment.
- Assist Executive and Sous Chef in development of kitchen staff and ongoing training of current and new staff.
- Maintain a positive and compliant employee relations climate.
- Observe compliance to health and sanitation and safety regulations.
- Assist Chef in creation/execution of production lists.
- Provide excellent customer service assistance to internal and external clients.
NON ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Perform other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Technical proficiency and experience demonstrating verifiable knowledge of food preparation methods.
- Ability to work closely with staff and deal occasionally with customers.
- Ability to be self-directed.
- Previous experience in large, banquet type kitchen facility.
- Basic Computer competency preferred. Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook a plus.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including days, nights, weekends, extended (long) work days and extended number of days.
- High school diploma or equivalent GED.
- Culinary degree preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of progressive kitchen experience.
- Maintain certification in a nationally recognized sanitation and food handling program.
- Experience in culinary training, including food preparation, and selection and storage of food. INTELLECTUAL/SOCIAL, PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Intellectual/Social demands:
- The intellectual/social, physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to multi-task under time limits and with moderate to high pressure situations. Position requires constant attention to details and accuracy of specified standards including: following simple to complex (more than 3 steps) instructions, and concentration which frequently extends beyond 30 minutes at a time; Position also requires frequent use of interpersonal skills with staff including following verbal, written or a diagram of instructions. Employee must be able to recognize and resolve conflicts in being able to openly communicate with all staff. This position requires employee to frequently work both independently and as part of a team for variety of tasks.
- Physical demands:
- While performing duties of this job, the employee frequently lifts and moves facility equipment, supplies and/or tools. Employee must be able to stand or walk for extended periods of time; must be able to make fast, simple, repeated movements of hands, fingers and wrists. Employee will constantly move about inside various areas of the facility before/during/after events; position will require employee to sometimes bend, stoop, or crouch in order to perform this job; Employee must have the ability to bend, stretch, twist or reach out with the body, arms or legs. Employee will constantly communicate via radio and in-person with staff to exchange accurate information. Employee may frequently be required, due to business demands and event operations, to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.Work environment:
- The duties of this position are performed primarily indoors. The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal to moderate during non-event days and moderate to loud during event days when equipment is in operation.This job description is subject to change.