ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (including, but not limited to):
- Assists in the overall effective management of the Food & Beverage operations.
- Provides on-going supervision and mentoring to hourly event staff as assigned.
- Assists in troubleshooting technical problems with Point of Sale Systems as needed.
- Assists in vault opening, closing and balancing, as necessary for Cash Handling Compliance.
- Supports department scheduling by coordinating Temp Agencies for service and culinary support.
- Per Banquet Managers, Exec Chef or Director of Food & Beverage.
- Verifies employee time for both Catering and Concessions FOH and BOH Labor Allocations Reports.
- Tracks hourly staffing attendance for both FOH and BOH team members and compiles a weekly report for Director.
- Provides the Director of Food & Beverage a weekly report of staffing concerns.
- Maintains an adequate stock of soda, coffee, tea, liquor, beer, wine, and supplies for catering and retail concessions.
- Maintains catering and concession Inventories specific to service items.
- Monitors small ware inventory, keeping track of breakage and loss on a standard report.
- Provides excellent customer service assistance to internal and external clients.
- Exemplifies the SCCC and Spectra customer service principles.
- Makes signage for menu and food identifiers for catered and retail concessions needs.
- Ensures banquet and retail concessions consumption and stand she Ensures budgeted beverage percentages are achieved through effective control measures including portion controls, bartender training, beverage inventory rotation, receiving and beverage storage procedures, inventory controls, effective purchasing procedures, beverage security procedures and waste control.
- Responsible for fulfilling beverage record keeping and administrative requirements including beverage inventories and invoicing of beverage products.
- Develops and documents processes and practices, and adheres to standard practices.
- Cleans and maintains work areas, as needed.
- Provides excellent customer service assistance to internal and external customers.
NON ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of food and wine.
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of team.
- Basic computer proficiency: Microsoft products, to include; Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Ability to work a variable work schedule (including evenings and weekends, as required), depending upon event and business requirements.
- Must have a demonstrated ability to function in a fast paced, high-pressure environment
- Must be able to communicate clearly and concisely in the English language.
- Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- General knowledge for the health and safety of customers and staff.
- Certified in state recognized responsible alcoholic beverage service.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent preferred.
- Experience in public facility highly preferred.