ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (including, but not limited to):
- Responsible for operating the dishwashing machine, ensuring water temperature is correct and soap and drying agents are connected and working properly.
- Maintain organization of dishware, smallwares, pots and pans in storage room.
- Responsible for thorough cleaning of the food preparation areas in the kitchen including walls, floors and other areas as necessary.
- Responsible for removing garbage and recyclables from the kitchen and depositing them in the appropriate garbage and recycling area.
- Responsible for cleaning the kitchen equipment and ensuring items disassembled for cleaning are properly reassembled and operational.
- Assist with basic food preparation and buffet set-up, as needed.
- Maintains sanitation, health and safety standards in work areas.
- Stock serving stations with food and utensils.
- Load or unload trucks used in delivering or picking up food and supplies.
- Wash and prepare various foods for cooking or serving.
- Handle china, glassware and silverware inventories with care.
- Provide excellent customer service assistance to internal and external clients.
NON ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be sure that all details of the job are performed and that his/her work is accurate.
- Ability to express ideas clearly when speaking or in writing.
- Ability to read and understand written information.
- Must be able to multi-task.
- Must be 18 years old
- Must have the ability to work a variable work schedule (including evenings, weekends and holidays, as required), depending upon event and business requirements.
- High school diploma or equivalent GED. Equivalent experience may be substituted.
INTELLECTUAL/SOCIAL, PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The intellectual/social, physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to multi-task under time limits and with moderate to high pressure situations. Position requires constant attention to details and accuracy of specified standards including: following simple to complex (more than 3 steps) instructions, and concentration which frequently extends beyond 30 minutes at a time; Position also requires frequent use of interpersonal skills with staff including following verbal, written or a diagram of instructions. Employee must be able to recognize and resolve conflicts in being able to openly communicate with all staff. This position requires employee to frequently work both independently and as part of a team for variety of tasks.
- While performing duties of this job, the employee frequently lifts and moves facility equipment, supplies and/or tools. Employee must be able to stand or walk for extended periods of time; must be able to make fast, simple, repeated movements of hands, fingers and wrists. Employee will constantly move about inside various areas of the facility before/during/after events; position will require employee to sometimes bend, stoop, or crouch in order to perform this job; Employee must have the ability to bend, stretch, twist or reach out with the body, arms or legs. Employee will constantly communicate via radio and in-person with staff to exchange accurate information. Employee may frequently be required, due to business demands and event operations, to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- The duties of this position are performed primarily indoors. The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal to moderate during non-event days and moderate to loud during event days when equipment is in operation.
This job description is subject to change.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.