ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (including, but not limited to):
- Process and track all Exhibitor Services orders using Microsoft Office and Ungerboeck Software.
- Work closely with Event Manager to coordinate exhibitor customer service.
- Coordinate and maintain the daily operations of Exhibitor Services.
- Responsible for accurately processing all service orders, credit cards and other payment formats.
- Coordinate and customize Exhibitor Packets for required service forms.
- Provide show site support, audit show floor utility use, and work the service desk during event, move-in, and move-out.
- Enter exhibitor reports and show feedback at the conclusion of the event.
- Research and solve customer service issues.
- Coordinate the fulfillment of exhibitor services.
- Recommend and implement goals, objectives, and practices for providing effective and efficient customer service.
- Plan, service, and manage the use of utilities, equipment and other exhibitor services.
- Maintain an active and positive relationship with internal and external partners.
- Assist Event Services Department when necessary.
- Fill part-time staffing schedules and input into timeclock as needed for events
- Participate in internally created events and committees
- Provide excellent customer service assistance to exhibitors, guests, and internal clients.
NON ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of operational characteristics of event management, including, but not limited to, needs of exhibitors at convention centers and customer service practices.
- Knowledge of methods, equipment, materials, and or other systems as they apply to venue events including, but not limited to basic principles of electric, water and gas as it applies to exhibitor services.
- Basic mathematical skills.
- Basic computer proficiency and Microsoft Office products knowledge, to include: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with contract terminology.
- Familiarity with terminology used in entertainment and convention settings.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, contractors and facility users.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including early mornings, days, evenings, weekends, holidays, extended (long) work days and extended numbers of days.
- High School Diploma or equivalent GED.
- Experience with tradeshow and consumer show exhibitor services preferred.
INTELLECTUAL/SOCIAL, PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The intellectual/social, physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing duties of this job, the employee is continuously asked to multi-task under time limits and with moderate to high pressure situations. Position requires constant attention to precise details and accuracy of specified standards including: following simple to complex (more than 3 steps) instructions, and concentration which frequently extends beyond 30 minutes at a time. This position also requires frequent use of interpersonal skills including: ability to direct/motivate/inform staff and foster collaboration, being able to recognize and resolve conflicts, being able to openly communicate clearly and concisely in writing and verbally with clients.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will frequently operate a computer and other office devices such as calculators, telephones, copy machines, faxes and printers. Employee will constantly move about inside and outside various areas of the facility before/during /after events to interact with internal/external clients and supervise the work of employees during events. Employee must constantly communicate via telephone, email and in-person with others and exchange accurate information. Employee may occasionally be required due to business demands and event operations to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- The duties of this position are performed primarily indoors in an office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal to moderate during non-event days and moderate to loud during event days.
This job description is subject to change.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.